There are a number of ways in which INDO’s three councils can help support the welcome and inclusion of people with disabilities within your faith community. In some instances you may have to modify them to reflect your denominations’ specific language and/or traditions.
- Inclusion ideas and strategies
- Conferences, workshops and training programs
- Worship resources
- Internet-based information services
- Referrals to community-based support services
The following materials have been assembled from a number of different denominational sources and can be downloaded by clicking on the item. In some instances you may have to modify the document to reflect specific language and/or traditions of your own faith community.
- Building accessibility checklist
- State of Oregon accessible parking design standards
- 15 Step congregational action plan
- How to create a disabilities task force
- Ushers and greeters training guide
- Assistive listening systems and devices
- Creating an accessible work environment
- Guidelines for creating large print materials