CLICK HERE TO REGISTER: May 15, 2014 Conference Brochure and Registration Information
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A SPONSOR OR VENDOR AT THE CONFERENCE, email InterfaithDisabilitiesofOregon@gmail.com Please note that space is extremely limited.
NEW: To register or be a sponsor or this event, you may now use your credit card, please use this link: https://squareup.com/market/interfaith-disabilities-network-of-oregon/beyond-the-ramp
The Interfaith Disabilities Network of Oregon is pleased to announce its next major conference, “Beyond the Ramp 2014: Treat Me as a Member, Not a Mission,” to be held on Thursday, May 15, 2014, at Concordia University. This will be our second Interfaith Conference for Clergy, People with Disabilities, Educators, Families of People with Disabilities, Lay Leaders, Professional Service Providers, and others interested in providing a welcoming and fully inclusive religious environment for people with disabilities. The keynote speaker is William Gaventa, MDiv., on From Mission to Member to Mission: Everyone’s Got a Call. Bill is coordinator of the Summer Institute on Theology and Disability, Associate Editor of Intellectual and Development Disabilities and former editor of the Journal of Religion Disability, and Health. We will also have 8 workshops throughout the day, including, among others,
- Dorothy Coughlin, Archdiocese of Portland: A Toolkit for Religious Educational Inclusion, and Building Faith Communities of Support and Hope for People with Mental Illness and Their Families
- Emerging Leaders Northwest, Panel Discussion: Developing Independence, Self-determination and Spirituality during Adolescent Transition
- Sang Lee, MDiv, Well Able: Least Restrictive (Spiritual) Environment
- Mona Fuerstenau, Bethesda Lutheran Communities: Transition to Living Outside the Family Home
- Angela Weaver: Self-discovery and Connecting to Spirit
- Roberta Dunn and Noelle Sisk, FACT Oregon: Successful Participation in Your Faith Community
In addition, local agencies and organizations will be on hand to provide information and resources to the community. Registration fees, $30 including lunch. A few scholarships are available, contact IDNO for more details. Sponsorships by local organizations are available, please contact IDNO for more details: InterfaithDisabilitiesofOregon@gmail.com.